Applicants interested in studying with the VU Amsterdam Fellowship in the Netherlands, then this is the right place to get authentic information with the step-by-step application process.
The VU Fellowship Programme (VUFP) offers talented prospective non-EU/ EEA students the unique opportunity to pursue a Master’s degree at Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam.
- Level of Study: Master’s Degree
- Institution: VU University Amsterdam
- Study in: Netherlands
- Courses Offered: All subjects offered by the institute
- Scholarship Deadline: 1 December 2022/1 February 2023 (Annual)
The VUFP scholarship covers the tuition fees. VUFP scholarship does not provide any additional allowance towards study or living costs.
The VUFP scholarship can be granted for a one or two-year Master’s programme. The scholarship will only be extended for the second year of the two-year Master’s programme if 100% of the credits of the first year have been achieved.
When applying for the VUFP scholarship, you automatically also apply for the Holland Scholarship Programme. No separate application is necessary. If granted, the HSP is a contribution towards the costs of living costs – 5.000 EUR or 10.000 EUR for one year.
To be eligible for the VU Amsterdam Fellowship programme,
• You hold a non-EU/ EEA passport and you are not eligible for the lower tuition fee.
• You do not have Dutch nationality.
• You can prove your academic excellence (GPA equivalent to a Dutch 8).
• You are conditionally or unconditionally admitted to the first year of a full-time English-taught Master’s programme at Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam starting September 2023. please note that students starting in February cannot apply and joint programmes where VU Amsterdam does not administer the admission process are excluded from VUFP.
• The degree with which you are seeking admission has not been obtained in the Netherlands.
• You do not need to complete a preparatory programme before the start of your Master’s.
How to apply for VU Amsterdam Fellowship?
Please note that you must have applied and been conditionally admitted for the Master’s programme before you can apply for the VUFP scholarship.
Students must register for a Master’s programme in Studielink by 1 December 2022 (from 1 October 2022). Then, you must submit your VUFP application together with supporting documents in your VU dashboard before 1 February 2023 (from 1 November 2022).
It is important to visit the official website (link found below) to access the application portals and for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
To know more about the VU Amsterdam Fellowship programme, please visit the official website of the university.