If you are interested to study with the fully funded SUSI Student Leaders Exchange Program 2023 in the USA, then this is the right place to get authentic information with the step-by-step application process.
U.S. Department of State is now offering a fully-funded Exchange Program of 6 weeks duration named as SUSI 2023 Student Leaders Program. IELTS and CPGA score is not mandatory requirement for the SUSI exchange program and work experience is not needed.
- Level of Study: Student Exchange Program
- Institution: University of Massachusetts
- Study in: USA
- Courses Offered: All subjects
- Scholarship Deadline: 28 October 2022
What Is the SUSI Exchange program?
The goal of the focused, short-term academic programs known as Study of the United States Institutes (SUSIs) for Student Leaders is to give groups of undergraduate student leaders a deep insight into the United States while also strengthening their leadership abilities.
The Institutes will include a well-balanced mix of lectures, readings, group presentations, and seminar discussions. You, as a candidate, will also have the chance to partake in educational and cultural activities away from the classroom during the academic residency.
More so, learning through experience, site visits, leadership exercises, and volunteer opportunities in the area will be incorporated to empower with real-time examples and knowledge. An integrated study tour is also part of the six weeks. However, participants will take part in equivalent activities, but in a condensed virtual format from Pakistan, if the program is running remotely due to Covid restrictions. But so far, plans are taking place in the US.
This SUSI Student Leaders Exchange Program 2023 will provide you with an understanding of the Federal structure of government in the United States along with the contribution made by non-governmental organizations like civic groups, the media, and the private segment to the development of American public policy and the maintenance of strong democracies. The SUSI program involves studying the diverse areas of policy-leading and innovating duties of local and state governments, the three branches of the U.S. government, the checks and balances system, and the role of local and state governments.
There will be discussions on public finances, the legal system, and democracy, as well as on issues like education, public health, citizen security, and foreign policy. Participants will meet with regional, national, private, and not-for-profit organizations during the program. The program will also accompany if it is held in person, a field trip that will take attendees to another region of the United States.
The US government will cover all your participation costs, such as
- Visa Travel
- Travel Allowance
- Domestic Travel
- Ground Transport Fares
- Book, Cultural, and Mailing Allowance
- Incidental and Health Allowance
- Housing Allowance
- Program Administration
You should apply for the SUSI Student Leaders Exchange Program 2023 if you’re a highly driven student in your first through the third year at a college, university, or other higher education institution who exhibits leadership through their work in school, community, and extracurricular activities.
Your study areas will be diverse and could cover humanities, social sciences, sciences, business, and education. Other than that, you will be an eligible candidate for this learning process if you clear the following requirements:
- be able to speak and understand English fluently
- to have a passion for the subject of public policy
- be between the ages of 18 and 25, have at least one semester of undergraduate work left, and be dedicated to going back to their home universities after the program.
- show promise as strong leaders in their university and community activities and a genuine desire to learn more about the United States
- possess a history of excellence in their academic performance, as demonstrated by their grades, honors, and teacher references.
- be mature, liable, independent, self-assured, open-minded, tolerant, considerate, and curious
- have little to no prior study or travel experience in the US or elsewhere outside of their home country;
- be prepared and capable of participating fully in a rigorous academic program, volunteer work, and educational travel.
How to Apply for SUSI Student Leaders Exchange Program 2023?
- There’s an easy-to-fill application available on the US embassy’s website.
- Your second step will be to download and fill out the form.
- By no later than October 28, 2022, complete an application and send it to [email protected].
- Applications sent via email alone will be reviewed.
- Give the essay questions your undivided attention and keep the word limits in mind.
- If you’re a Pakistani student, you can submit your application at [email protected].
- Your email subject line must be according to the format on the website. Guidelines are to add, “Province Name, City Name, Name of Institution, Applicant Name.” If you do not follow, disqualification is expected.
- The Public Affairs Section will get in touch with candidates who have shined through and will be chosen for interviews based on the above requirements and their application materials.
- Virtual interviews will occur in the middle to late January 2023.
- For the interviews, only those who have been shortlisted will be notified.
- By late April or early May 2023, the list of finalists will be made public.
To know about the SUSI Student Leaders Exchange Program 2023, please visit the official website for more details.