Applicants interested in studying with the Stanford Center on Longevity Design Challenge in the USA, then this is the right place to get authentic information with the step-by-step application process.
The Stanford Center on Longevity invites university students from around the world to compete to win the grand prize of $10,000 USD in its 10th annual Design Challenge: “Optimizing Health Span: Living Well at Every Age.” The 2023 Stanford Center on Longevity Design Challenge invites student designers to create solutions that contribute towards the optimization of health span at any age. They especially welcome designs that increase the health spans of people in disadvantaged circumstances, which may include poverty, food, housing, or climate insecurity.
- Level of Study: Competition
- Institution: Stanford University
- Study in: USA
- Courses Offered: All subjects offered by the institute
- Scholarship Deadline: 8 December 2022
Participants of the Stanford Center on Longevity Design Challenge programme will get the following benefits.
- Finalists will receive:
- $1,000 USD to help with prototyping and finals preparation
- Mentorship from an experienced industry professional
- Paid travel to the Finals at Stanford University in April 2023, conditions permitting. (Each team selected for the finals will be eligible for limited funds to help facilitate participation in the finals. Reimbursement will be subject to Stanford University regulations on reimbursed travel.)
Winners will receive*:
- 1st place: $10,000 USD
- 2nd place: $5,000 USD
- 3rd place: $2,000 USD
*All prizes are subject to 30% US federal tax withholding and 7% state withholding (if payment exceeds $1,500).
To be eligible for the Challenge,
- Each team must consist of at least one full-time student from any accredited institution of higher education anywhere in the world (can be undergraduate or graduate)
- Teams may have a total of up to 5 members and may include non-students. Students may also compete alone, as a team of 1.
- Only students are allowed to present at the Finals
Eligible Regions: The scholarship is open to students from all around the world.
How to apply for Stanford Center on Longevity Design Challenge?
- Create a design for a product, service, or program that addresses the challenge topic, “Optimizing Health Span: Living Well at Every Age.”
- Submit your design at the Apply Now link any time before December 8, 2022.
- 6-8 Finalist teams will be announced on January 25, 2023.
- The Final competition will be held at Stanford University in April 2023 (conditions permitting; exact date TBD).
To know more about the Challenge, please visit the official website.