If you are interested in studying with the Simon Fraser University Scholarships 2023-2024 in Canada then this is the right place to get authentic information. International students are encouraged to apply to pursue an Undergraduate and Master’s degree in the 2024-2025 academic year.
- Level of Study: Undergraduate & Master’s degree
- Institution(s): Simon Fraser University
- Study in: Canada
- Courses Offered: All courses offered by the university
Fall 2023: 14 July 2023, 15 September 2023,
Spring 2024: 17 November 2023, 12 January 2024, 12 April 2024,
Summer 2024: 15 March 2024, 17 May 2024,
Check application deadlines here.
- Diverse project involvement: Scholarship recipients at SFU are offered the opportunity to engage in a wide range of projects, enabling them to gain valuable experience and enhance their skill set.
- Strong faculty connections: By participating in these projects, students can establish effective communication channels and collaborate with esteemed faculty members at SFU, fostering the development of their intellectual capabilities.
- Research prospects: Scholarship recipients not only have the privilege to conduct research but also benefit from SFU’s academic resources and support, opening doors to valuable research opportunities.
- Financial assistance: Apart from the academic and research prospects, scholarships provide financial support for students, alleviating the burden of tuition fees and other educational expenses.Moreover, the scholarship not only offers research opportunities but also provides a means of earning for students.
SFU Scholarships are open to international students of all nationalities.
Eligibility Criteria for Simon Fraser University Scholarships
To apply for a scholarship you must:
- have completed at least 12 units of standard graded courses at SFU.
- be enrolled in a minimum of 12 units of standard graded courses at SFU in the term of application.
- have a minimum CGPA of 3.50 at SFU
Challenge, audit, and credit-free courses are not considered.
Enrollment in a Co-op term (3 units) does not satisfy the enrollment requirement as it is not a standard graded course.
A student with a disability is eligible to apply for scholarships if the student is enrolled in a minimum of 6 or more units of standard graded courses and meets all other eligibility requirements. At the time of application, the student has to provide a letter from SFU’s Centre for Accessible Learning (CAL) confirming that the student is registered with the Centre (CAL).
A student holding an SFU entrance award is eligible to apply for all other University administered scholarships.
A student holding an SFU entrance scholarship is not eligible for any other University administered scholarship until the entrance scholarship is fully paid out. This policy applies to any term in which an entrance scholarship is deferred.
Some financial aid is specifically available for Indigenous students only. Indigenous can be contextualized as “Indigenous peoples of Canada” to refer specifically to First Nations, Métis, and Inuit peoples.
How to Apply for Simon Fraser University Scholarships
The Summer 2023 application period will be open on 1 May 2023.
- Check the application period and final deadline at Application Deadlines.
- Review the Summer 2023 Scholarship and Awards List to determine which scholarships/awards you want to apply for.
- Apply online by logging in to the Student Information System (go.sfu.ca).
- Click on “Student Center”.
- Go to Financial Aid and Awards (under Finances).
- Click on “Apply for Scholarships/Awards”.
- List the scholarships/awards you want to apply for on your online application.
- Complete and submit your application.
- Supporting documentation (if any) is to be emailed to [email protected] by the application deadline.
- Set up Direct Deposit (administered through the Student Accounts Office) as soon as possible, to receive any refunds you may be eligible to receive.
The application deadline may vary for Simon Fraser University Canada Scholarships 2023-24. You must have to keep the following dates in consideration:
July 3 – July 14, 2023
August 28 – September 15, 2023
November 6, 2023 – November 17, 2024
December 18, 2023 – January 12, 2024
March 26 – April 12, 2024
March 4 – March 15, 2024
April 29 – May 17, 2024
For further information about the Simon Fraser University Scholarships 2023-2024, please visit the official website below.