If you are interested to study with the Robert S. McNamara Fellowships Program 2022, then this is the right place to get authentic information with the step-by-step application process. International students are encouraged to apply in the 2022-2023 academic year. This Fellowship Program is a fully-funded scholarship for Ph.D. studies and provides the recipient with up to $42,750 net per fellow for an 8-month fellowship.
The World Bank Robert S. McNamara Fellowship Program grants fellowships for Ph.D. applicants from developing countries to undertake creative, development-related Ph.D. studies under the supervision of a study consultant at a partner organization overseas through a 6-10-month residency span.
Key Program Features
Professional experience: Fellows will work on World Bank projects under the direct supervision of World Bank DEC researchers and will be offered training on cutting-edge research practices and technologies and engage with the World Bank operations. Depending on the nature of projects, they will have the opportunity to contribute to DEC’s published work and potentially co-author with DEC researchers, join field missions, and directly engage with our clients.
Capacity building: Fellows will receive a one-week technical onboarding at the start of the program, including training on reproducible research practices. Throughout the Robert S. McNamara Fellowships Program 2022, fellows will participate in periodic continuing education training and events, to further build skills. Through their work with DEC economists, fellows will enhance their ability to identify, study, and write about important development policy questions.
Research dissemination: Fellows will be invited to write a blog based on their fellowship research with the DEC researchers. This is an opportunity to showcase research and contribution to development policy discussions. Each year, the top 4 blogs will be published on DEC’s Let’s Talk Development blog.
- Level of Study: PhD
- Institution(s): World Bank
- Study in: Any Country
- Courses Offered: Applicants will have the option to select in the application whether they would like to be hosted by the Development research department or the Impact evaluation department in the World Bank’s Development Economics Vice Presidency (DEC).
- Deadline: 30 April 2022
Robert S. McNamara Fellowships Program provides the recipient with:
- Totaling $42,750 net per fellow for an 8-month fellowship (paid in monthly installments)
- Since the fellows will be hosted at the World Bank in Washington D.C., the World Bank’s HR will assist the selected candidates with visa applications by providing invitation letters.
Note: The fellowship does not cover visa application costs, travel expenses, or any other expenses to bring and/or support fellows’ family members.
Eligibility Criteria for Robert S. McNamara Fellowships Program 2022
Applicants must meet the following criteria to be eligible for Robert S. McNamara Fellowships Program:
- Required Languages: English
- Eligible Countries: Nationals of World Bank WBG member countries, with preference to nationals of developing countries
- Graduates of MA level studies or currently pursuing a Ph.D. in Economics or a related field;
- No more than 35 years of age (by June 30th of the year the fellowship starts);
- Available to relocate to Washington, D.C. for the duration of the fellowship.
How to Apply?
Please visit the official website link given at the end. However, here are important instructions to avail of this Robert S. McNamara Fellowships Program 2022:
The RSMFP application must be completed online by the Application Deadline date and include:
- A resume,
- A statement of research interests: The statement of research interests should describe research interests and indicate the research programs of interest within DEC.
- Contact details for a letter of recommendation,
- A writing sample (optional),
- A code sample (optional).
All required documents must be uploaded online. Any documents an applicant provides by email, post, or any means other than the online application form will not be reviewed.
To know more about Robert S. McNamara Fellowships Program 2022, please visit the official website: