The Melbourne International Undergraduate Scholarship is an initiative of the University of Melbourne, Australia, aimed at attracting outstanding international students to study undergraduate programs at the university. The scholarship is designed to support students who demonstrate high academic achievement and leadership potential, and who are committed to making a positive impact in their communities.
To be eligible for the Melbourne International Undergraduate Scholarship, candidates must be international students who have completed their secondary education outside of Australia and have applied for an undergraduate program at the University of Melbourne. They must have received an unconditional offer of admission to the university and must not have previously studied in Australia.
Applicants are assessed on the basis of their academic performance, leadership potential, and their personal statement, which outlines their motivations for applying to the scholarship and their future goals. In addition, they may be required to submit supporting documents, such as academic transcripts, letters of recommendation, and evidence of extracurricular activities.
The Melbourne International Undergraduate Scholarship is highly competitive, with a limited number of scholarships awarded each year. Successful applicants not only demonstrate academic excellence but also possess a range of other qualities that make them stand out, such as creativity, innovation, and a commitment to social justice.
Recipients of the scholarship are expected to maintain a high level of academic performance throughout their undergraduate program, as well as to participate in extracurricular activities and community service projects. They are also encouraged to engage with the university and its wider community, develop their leadership skills, and make a positive impact on the world.
The Melbourne International Undergraduate Scholarship is a prestigious award that provides students with the opportunity to study at one of Australia’s leading universities and gain a world-class education. It is also a gateway to a range of other opportunities, such as internships, research projects, and global exchange programs.
In addition to the financial support provided by the scholarship, recipients also benefit from a range of other services and resources offered by the university, such as academic and career counseling, language support, and access to research facilities and libraries.
Overall, the Melbourne International Undergraduate Scholarship is a valuable opportunity for international students who are seeking to pursue their academic and personal goals in a supportive and stimulating environment. It provides a pathway to success and offers a range of benefits that can help students to achieve their full potential and make a positive impact on the world.
- Level of Study: Bachelor’s degree
- Institution(s): University of Melbourne
- Study in: Australia
- Courses Offered: All Subjects offered by the University
- Deadline: 31 May 2023
This scholarship provides either a:
• $10,000 tuition fee remission in the first year of an undergraduate degree,
• 50% fee remission for the three-year duration of an undergraduate degree, or
• 100% fee remission for the three-year duration of an undergraduate degree
To be considered for a fee remission scholarship you must:
• be a citizen of a country other than Australia and New Zealand and not a permanent resident of Australia;
• have received an unconditional offer for an undergraduate course;
• have achieved excellent final year school results, such as:
- – GCE A-levels: at least three A* grades with numerical grades and an average result of at least 93% in the best three subjects
- – Most Australian Foundation Studies: an overall result of at least 98%
- – International Baccalaureate (IB): a score of at least 42
- – US High School: a GPA of at least 3.9 in combination with an SAT of at least 1500 or an ACT of at least 31
- – Canada Secondary School: an overall score of at least 97%
- – India Secondary School (CBSE, ISCE, or State Board Exam); an overall score of at least 95%
- – Vietnam High School: an overall score of at least 90
• not have previously undertaken any tertiary studies (excluding extension studies completed as part of a year 12 program)
How to Apply
No application is required. You will be automatically considered for this award. All eligible students who have received an unconditional offer for admission to an undergraduate degree will automatically be considered. The admissions deadline was 31 October 2022 for Semester 1, 2023, and 31 May 2023 for Semester 2, 2023.
It is important to visit the official website to access the application form for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
For further information about the scholarship, please visit the official website below.