If you want to study with the Lady Meherbai D Tata Education Trust Scholarships 2023 in the Europe, UK and USA, Then this is the right place to get authentic information with the step-by-step application process. International students are encouraged to apply for this scholarship.
Applications are available for Lady Meherbai D Tata Education Trust Scholarships for the academic year 2023-2024. This is a merit-based, overseas master’s scholarship program provided by Tata Trust.
The Trust awards scholarships to Indian women graduates of reputed universities who wish to pursue higher education at a recognized international university. The Trust awards scholarships to support their tuition fee component to pursue higher education abroad.
The Lady Meherbai D Tata Education Trust Scholarships are awarded to Indian women who wish to pursue higher education in a foreign country. The scholarship program was established in 1932 in memory of Lady Meherbai D Tata, wife of Sir Dorabji Tata, a prominent Indian industrialist, and philanthropist. The trust was founded to promote education and empower women and has since then helped many Indian women achieve their academic goals.
The scholarship program is open to Indian women who have completed their undergraduate studies and wish to pursue a master’s degree in any field of study in a foreign university. The scholarship amount varies depending on the location and duration of the course of study.
The selection process for the Lady Meherbai D Tata Education Trust Scholarships is highly competitive. The trust receives hundreds of applications each year, and only a few are selected for the scholarship. The selection process involves evaluating the academic record, the proposed course of study, the statement of purpose, and the letters of recommendation. The applicants are also required to appear for an interview before the final selection.
The scholarship program has been successful in providing financial support to Indian women who wish to pursue higher education in a foreign country. Many scholarship recipients have gone on to make significant contributions in their respective fields. The scholarship program has also helped to increase the representation of women in various fields, including science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM).
The Lady Meherbai D Tata Education Trust Scholarships have been instrumental in promoting women’s education and empowerment in India. The scholarship program is a testament to the philanthropic spirit of the Tatas, who have played a significant role in the development of India’s education sector. The trust continues to provide financial support to Indian women who wish to pursue higher education in a foreign country and has helped to create a generation of women who are educated, empowered, and confident.
- Level of Study: Master’s degree
- Institution(s): Tata Trust
- Study in: Europe, UK, and USA
- Courses Offered: All subjects offered by the University
- Deadline: 27 April 2023
Scholarship Benefits for Lady Meherbai D Tata Education Trust Scholarships
- A gift scholarship towards the tuition fee component, approximately between rupees three and six lakhs per selected student, is awarded, depending on the performance of the candidate in the interview.
- Candidates selected for this scholarship will have to submit a clear copy of the ‘Proof of Funds’ or ‘Financial Capacity’ document, which will reflect the candidates’ ability to support their education.
- Number of Awards: 10 scholarships are available.
Eligibility Criteria for Lady Meherbai D Tata Education Trust Scholarships
Eligible Countries: Indian students are eligible to apply for this scholarship.
Acceptable Course or Subjects: This scholarship applies to Masters-level programs in the following fields of study –
- Law (Specializing only in matters related to women and children);
- Gender studies;
- Child health (Development and nutrition);
- Health policy and health education – Mental Health;
- Public health;
- Communication for development;
- Research and study of social norms in communities;
- Community Development – Rural Development, Public Policy, Public Administration, Social Policy, Social Development, Sustainable Development;
- Social work
Admissible Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following criteria:
- Indian woman graduate from a reputed university
- A consistent and remarkable academic record
- Candidates having ALL their results in hand are eligible to apply. Those awaiting their results are not eligible to apply.
- Must have applied for admission or preferably secured admission to reputed universities or institutions in the United States, UK or Europe for the year 2023-2024
- Graduates with relevant work experience of a minimum 2 years preferred
How to Apply for Lady Meherbai D Tata Education Trust Scholarships
How to Apply: In order to get the link to download the application form, kindly send an email with the requested information and supporting documents to [email protected].
Supporting Documents: Applicants must submit the following documents:
- 1) The course and specialization you wish to pursue and the duration
- 2) Name/s of the university/ies to be attended, in order of merit of your choice, with a letter of confirmed admission, if available
- 3) The course fee required for each university (in tabular format)
- 4) Proof of funding to support your education (in tabular format)
- 5) Current profile (biodata, CV, resume)
- Applicants must upload clear, scanned copies of the above-mentioned documents in PDF, word or excel formats only, (no Google or any other links) along with your request email.
- A specimen copy of the form, mandatory documents and the process to fill in and submit the form is attached for their reference.
Admission Requirements: NA
Language Requirement: Strong English language skills are critical to academic success.
For further information about the Lady Meherbai D Tata Education Trust Scholarships, please visit the official website below.