If you are interested in studying with the Fully Funded Knight-Hennessy Scholars Postgraduate Scholarships 2023 in the USA then this is the right place to get authentic information. International students are encouraged to apply for scholarships in the 2023-2024 academic year.
The Knight-Hennessy Scholars Postgraduate Scholarships are prestigious and highly competitive awards offered by Stanford University in the United States. Named after benefactors Philip H. Knight and John L. Hennessy, these scholarships aim to support outstanding students from around the world in pursuing postgraduate studies across a diverse array of disciplines.
The Knight-Hennessy Scholars program offers financial support that covers tuition, living expenses, and other associated costs of attending Stanford University. Beyond the financial aid, scholars become part of a vibrant and diverse community of scholars, engaging in a multi-disciplinary curriculum and various leadership development opportunities.
Applicants for the Knight-Hennessy Scholars Postgraduate Scholarships undergo a rigorous selection process, where their academic achievements, leadership potential, and contributions to the community are evaluated. The program seeks candidates who exhibit not only exceptional intellectual prowess but also a commitment to making a positive impact on society.
Being selected as a Knight-Hennessy Scholar is not just about the financial support; it’s a transformative experience that provides access to resources, networks, and mentorship, preparing scholars to become effective leaders and change-makers in their respective fields. Scholars are encouraged to embrace innovation, collaboration, and global perspectives throughout their educational journey.
In summary, the Knight-Hennessy Scholars Postgraduate Scholarships represent a remarkable opportunity for exceptional individuals to pursue their postgraduate education at one of the world’s leading institutions. These scholarships empower scholars to embody the spirit of innovation and leadership, fostering positive change in their communities and beyond.
- Level of Study: Master’s & Ph.D. degree
- Institution(s): Stanford University
- Study in: USA
- Courses Offered:Full-time Master’s and Ph.D. degrees in any subject offered at Stanford (for example, but not limited to, DMA, JD, MA, MBA, MD, MFA, MPP, MS, or Ph.D.) with some exceptions:
- • Applicants to the Honors Cooperative Program
- • Applicants to the Master of Liberal Arts
- • Applicants to the Doctor of Science of Law (JSD)
- • Current Stanford students applying for coterminal graduate study
- • Current Stanford Ph.D. students adding an MA or MS degree in their current discipline
- Deadline: 11 October 2023 (Annual)
Knight-Hennessy Scholars receive funding for up to three years for any graduate degree(s) at Stanford. During each of the first 3 years of graduate study, Knight-Hennessy Scholars receive:
• a fellowship applied directly to cover tuition and associated fees
• a stipend for living and academic expenses (such as room and board, books, academic supplies, instructional materials, local transportation, and reasonable personal expenses)
• a travel stipend intended to cover an economy-class ticket for one annual trip to and from Stanford.
Additional funding specific to certain years:
• Newly enrolling scholars receive a one-time relocation stipend intended to offset some of the costs associated with relocation to the area and/or technology purchases
• Scholars in their second and third years may apply for supplemental funds to support academic enrichment activities (e.g., conference travel).
Eligibility Criteria for Knight-Hennessy Scholars Postgraduate Scholarships
There are two baseline eligibility requirements.
- First, in addition to applying to Knight-Hennessy Scholars (KHS), you must apply to, be accepted by, and enroll in a full-time Stanford graduate degree program including, but not limited to DMA, JD, MA, MBA, MD, MFA, MPP, MS, or Ph.D. programs. You must meet at least one of the following four conditions:
- You are applying separately but concurrently to KHS and a full-time Stanford graduate degree program such that you will start both in the same year.
- You have already been offered and deferred admission to a full-time Stanford graduate degree program and will apply to KHS such that you will start both in the same year.
- You are a current Stanford graduate student who will apply to add a second full-time Stanford graduate degree program, such that you will start both KHS and the new program in the same year.
- You are a current Stanford Ph.D. student in your first year of enrollment and will apply to KHS such that you will start KHS in your second year of Ph.D. enrollment.
- Second, you must have earned, in January 2017 or later, a U.S. bachelor’s degree or its equivalent from a college or university of recognized standing. To apply to join the cohort in 2024, you must have earned a bachelor’s degree by January 2017 or later.
How to Apply for Knight-Hennessy Scholars Postgraduate Scholarships?
To be considered for the scholarship, you must apply separately and concurrently to the Knight-Hennessy Scholars program and to your Stanford graduate degree program. The deadline for the Knight Hennesy Program is 11 October 2023, 1:00 pm Pacific Time. The deadline for applications to your Stanford graduate degree program varies by program. You must check your desired program’s website to confirm your program’s application deadline which is usually earlier.
It is important to visit the official website (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
Please visit the official website below for further information about the Knight-Hennessy Scholars Postgraduate Scholarships 2023.