Applicants interested in studying with the Karen McKellin International Leader of Tomorrow Award in Canada, then this is the right place to get authentic information with the step-by-step application process.
The Karen McKellin International Leader of Tomorrow Award recognizes international undergraduate students who demonstrate superior academic achievement, leadership skills, involvement in student affairs and community service, and recognized achievement in other key areas.
- Level of Study: Bachelor’s Degree
- Institution: University of British Columbia
- Study in: Canada
- Courses Offered: All subjects offered by the institute
- Scholarship Deadline: 15 November 2022/1 December 2022 (Annual)
The value of your Karen McKellin International Leader of Tomorrow Award is proportional to your financial need. Financial need is determined by totaling tuition, fees, and living costs, and subtracting the financial contribution you and your family can make each year. A standard needs assessment is based on the financial information provided by you and your family.
Your award may be renewed for up to three additional years of undergraduate study or to degree completion – whichever comes first – provided you achieve satisfactory academic standing in your faculty, continue to demonstrate financial need, and maintain your Canadian study permit (student visa).
• You must be an international student who will be studying in Canada on a Canadian study permit.
• You must be entering UBC from a recognized secondary school or transferring from your first year at a post-secondary college or other university.
• You must have graduated from high school no earlier than the month of June two years prior to the academic year you are applying to. For example, applicants for 2023 must have graduated from high school no earlier than 2022.
• You must be applying for your first undergraduate degree.
• You must demonstrate superior academic achievement (achieve all As or equivalent standards).
• You must demonstrate a level of financial need that would otherwise prevent you from pursuing a UBC degree.
• You must meet UBC’s admission requirements, including general and degree-specific requirements and the English Language Admission Standard.
How to apply for the Karen McKellin International Leader of Tomorrow Award?
To apply for the International Scholars program, you must be nominated by your school or non-profit, and submit a reference from an academic referee. Confirm that your school or non-profit is able to nominate you, and inform your nominator and academic referee that you’d like to apply for the International Scholars Program.
Apply for the International Scholars Program by submitting the application by 15 November and submit your admissions application to UBC by 1 December. You must meet the UBC English Language Admission Requirement by 31 January.
It is important to visit the official website (link found below) to access the online application form and for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
To know more about the scholarship, please visit the official website of the university.