IU University Scholarships refer to the various prestigious awards offered by IU International University of Applied Sciences to exceptional students, who demonstrate outstanding academic achievements, leadership potential, and a commitment to their field of study. These scholarships aim to recognize and support talented individuals pursuing undergraduate or graduate degrees at IU.
IU University Scholarships encompass a wide range of programs and opportunities, each with its own eligibility criteria and benefits. These scholarships are highly competitive, and recipients are selected based on their academic record, extracurricular involvement, community service, and other notable achievements.
The scholarships provided by IU University offer financial assistance to deserving students, helping to ease the burden of tuition fees and educational expenses. They may cover partial or full tuition costs, living expenses, and additional funds for books, research, or study-abroad experiences. By alleviating the financial burden, these scholarships enable students to focus on their studies and fully engage in the vibrant academic community at IU.
IU is renowned for its academic excellence, offering a wide range of programs across multiple disciplines, including business, arts and sciences, engineering, health sciences, education, and more. Scholarship recipients at IU have the opportunity to learn from distinguished faculty members who are leaders in their fields. The university provides state-of-the-art facilities, research opportunities, and a supportive learning environment that fosters intellectual growth and personal development.
Beyond financial support, IU University Scholarships often come with additional benefits. These may include mentorship programs, access to leadership development workshops, networking opportunities, and participation in special events and activities. Such opportunities enable scholars to connect with faculty, alumni, and industry professionals, further enhancing their educational experience and career prospects.
IU University Scholarships also promote a diverse and inclusive learning environment. The university values diversity and seeks to create a community where students from various backgrounds can thrive. Scholarship recipients contribute to the diversity of perspectives, cultures, and experiences on campus, enriching the academic and social fabric of the university.
Furthermore, IU University Scholarships often prioritize leadership potential and community involvement. Many scholarship programs seek candidates who have demonstrated leadership skills, a commitment to service, and a desire to make a positive impact on their communities. These scholarships may provide opportunities for leadership development, community engagement, and internships, preparing students to become well-rounded leaders in their respective fields.
In summary, IU University Scholarships are prestigious awards offered by IU International University of Applied Sciences to exceptional students. These scholarships provide financial support, access to top-notch education, and opportunities for personal and professional growth. By investing in the potential of talented individuals, IU University Scholarships contribute to the development of future leaders and scholars who will make significant contributions to their fields and communities.
- Level of Study: Bachelor, Master’s & MBA degree
- Institution(s): IU International University of Applied Sciences
- Study in: Germany
- Courses Offered: All subjects
IU Scholarship: Ongoing,
SBB Scholarship: There are two selection processes each year, during which the online application is open for several weeks. Details on the application periods can be found here.
Application period winter semester: 01.06. – 31.07. of the respective year
Application period summer semester: 01.12. – 31.01. of the respective year
The start date for the Deutschlandstipendium scholarship program is always 1 April or 1 October.
Looking ahead, the integration of AI-powered solutions stands out as a prominent trend shaping the landscape of business and tech education. A noteworthy example of this is Synthea, an AI-driven platform developed by IU, which aims to revolutionize online education and student engagement. Synthea harnesses state-of-the-art technology to enhance the learning journey, offering personalized recommendations, adaptive assessments, and intelligent tutoring. This innovative approach fosters active participation, enabling you to acquire knowledge and skills more efficiently.
The incorporation of AI in education has the potential to bring about a transformative shift in the learning process, making it more adaptive, interactive, and tailored to individual needs. As we progress further into 2023, we can anticipate a growing integration of AI-powered tools and platforms in the realm of business and tech education. This advancement will enhance the overall learning experience, equipping you with the necessary capabilities to thrive in the future workplace.
Flexible Option: As I said it gives you the option to study online or on campus. For example, if you complete one semester at home and you want to study next semester on campus.
Online + On Campus: Online and complete your degree program on campus, with part-time, full-time, or extended study duration options.
Study Fields: IU offers a wide range of master’s and bachelor’s courses in the realm of MBA, Business & Management, IT & Technology, and some standout courses.
Check the link for the courses the university is offering for the students.
Each month, they award four 50%-scholarships to people who want to enroll at the IU International University of Applied Sciences (IU).
- Your tuition fees are reduced for the entire duration of your studies
- We support special educational paths: financially, practically, and in a scientific context
- Accessible, personalized studying with maximum flexibility is possible at any time
People with disabilities, women in tech, single parents, or career changers can apply for the scholarship.
Scholarship holders in part-time degree programs receive funding of 2,900 euros per calendar year regardless of income. With the further education scholarship, you can receive funding of up to 8,700 euros for your studies – with a personal contribution of 10% per funding measure. These measures include tuition fees, work materials, and travel costs. Only part-time degree programs that build on your education or professional activity are eligible for funding. You should be employed at least 15 hours per week. Application is possible up to the age of 24. By taking into account creditable periods, such as voluntary service or parental leave, you may be admitted up to three years later.
Eligibility Criteria for IU University Scholarships
It varies with each program.
For IU Scholarship:
You fulfill the following requirements:
- Do you want to start an online study program or a myStudies program
- You fulfill all the requirements for your preferred scholarship as detailed in the overview
- You have not applied for an IU scholarship before
- You have a university entrance qualification
We will need the following documents:
- CV and university entrance qualification
- Reports and certificates in one PDF file
- Letter of motivation (max. 1 A4 page) or video of motivation (max. 5 minutes)
Please note: The link to your video must not expire.
For SBB Scholarship:
The upgrading scholarship for experienced professionals is aimed at skilled workers with completed vocational training and several years of practical experience. It supports your first academic degree at a state or state-recognized university. They focus on your performance in your vocational training and at work rather than on school grades. Applications from professionals over the age of 30 are also welcome. You can submit your application from before the start of your studies until the end of your second semester.
Further information can be found at www.sbb-stipendien.de/weiterbildungsstipendium.htm.
For Germany Scholarship:
- You are enrolled as a student at IU during the funding period.
- You are enrolled at IU in the semester following the application (01.04./01.10.).
Documents to be submitted
Please submit all application documents at https://bewerbung.dstip.de/iu. Please note: The link is only valid within the application phase. Prior registration is necessary for the application.
- Letter of motivation of no more than 2 pages, in which, in particular, your own career and personal objectives, special social or personal circumstances as well as social commitment and willingness to take on responsibility are explained
- Curriculum vitae in tabular form
- A certificate confirming your higher education entrance qualification – in the case of foreign certificates, a translation that is transferable to the German system and conversion into the German grading system
- If applicable, proof of a completed aptitude test from IU International University.
- If applicable, Bachelor’s degree certificate or diploma certificate (for applicants in the Master’s program)
- If applicable, proof of examinations and achievements to date (ECTS points and evaluations)
- If applicable, internship and work references
- Proof of special awards and prizes, if applicable
- If applicable, evidence of underlying circumstances within the meaning of Section 2 (1) and (2) of the IU International University Policy (relating to performance records, as well as extracurricular and non-subject-related involvement and special personal or family circumstances)
- Proof of enrolment at IU International University, if applicable
Note: Certificates, awards, and other achievements (e.g. active participation in projects/associations) can only be recognized and evaluated if they can be documented.
How to Apply for IU University Scholarships
1. Email us your application
Send in your application with all necessary documents attached to [email protected]. Make sure you mention your preferred scholarship in the subject line. We receive submissions at the end of each month and select the winners in the following month.
2. Submit your documents
We need your CV, university entrance qualification, reports, and other certificates in one PDF file as well as a letter of motivation (max. 1 A4 page) or video of motivation (max. 5 minutes, the link must not expire).
3. Receive your letter of acceptance
We will contact you approximately in the middle of the month following your application. If you are awarded the 50% scholarship, you can apply online for your study program straight away.
4. Activate your scholarship
Please apply for your study program within 6 weeks. 50% of your tuition fees will be immediately subtracted during your online application.
You will receive all the necessary information in your acceptance email.
5. Sign your contract
Please sign your study contract within 6 weeks. Take note that your claim to this scholarship expires, if you do not meet this deadline. However, you can select a later date for actually starting your studies.
6. Start your studies
With the start of your contract, you receive access to everything and all the information you need to get started.
- You can only apply for an IU scholarship once.
- The window for application is one calendar month (for example, January 1st to January 31st). We select the scholarship recipients the following month.
- Your application is only valid for the month in which you submit your documents – not for any other months.
- If you are awarded a scholarship, you must sign your study contract within six weeks – or your scholarship expires. You may select a later date to actually start your studies.
1. Online application
Apply for the upgrading scholarship via this link. Your eligibility for a scholarship will be reviewed.
2. Skill check
After a successful online application, you will receive an e-mail inviting you to complete a questionnaire to review your skills. An expert team will then evaluate it.
3. Interview and funding
If you are among the top candidates in the competence check, you may be invited to an interview. Based on this interview, the jury will decide whether or not to grant you a scholarship.
1. Submit documents
Submit your complete application at https://bewerbung.dstip.de/iu.
Note: The link is only valid within the application phase. Prior registration is necessary for the application.
You will be informed by e-mail whether your application was successful. If you are shortlisted, we require certificates and translations by post in officially certified form, if you have not already submitted these at the time of enrolment.
Funding always begins on 01 April or 01 October.
Submit your application now to stand a chance of winning this life-changing scholarship opportunity at IU. The doors to your future are wide open at IU! The Link to the official website is given below.