If you are interested to study with the Government of Flanders Master Mind Scholarships 2022 in Belgium, then this is the right place to get authentic information with the step-by-step application process. International students from all around the world are encouraged to apply and few scholarships are reserved for students from certain countries: Japan, Mexico, Palestine, the USA in the 2022-2023 academic year. The Flemish Ministry of Education awards scholarships for master’s programmes in Flanders and Brussels to outstanding students from around the world. The programme aims to promote Flanders and Brussels as top study destinations.
- Level of Study: Master degree
University colleges (Arts and Nautical Sciences)
Artesis Plantijn University College Antwerp
Erasmus Brussels University of Applied Sciences and Arts
HOGENT University of Applied Sciences and Arts
KdG University of Applied Sciences and Arts
LUCA School of Arts
PXL University of Applied Sciences and Arts
- Study in: Belgium
- Deadline: 1 February to 6 April 2022 (Annual)
Courses Offered for Government of Flanders Master Mind Scholarships 2022
Eligible Masters Degree Programmes offered at participating Flemish Institutions except for preparatory programmes; bridging programmes; or distance learning.
A Master Mind Scholarship includes a grant of €8,400 plus a tuition fee waiver per academic year. Master Mind Scholarship holders only pay an administrative enrolment fee. The Flemish Host Institution can ask the applicant for a tuition fee of maximum €115.80 per year for 2022/23.
The duration of mobility is one academic year for a Master programme of 60 ECTS and two academic years for a master programme of 120 ECTS.
To qualify for the Government of Flanders Master Mind Scholarships 2022,
• The applicant applies to take up a Master’s degree programme at a higher education institution in Flanders (hereafter ‘Flemish host institution’).
• The applicant should have a high standard of academic performance and/or potential. The student has a Grade Point Average of 3.5 out of 4.0.
• The student has a good knowledge of the English language (please check the official website for the specific requirements)
• The student has to be accepted by the Host institution to be able to receive the scholarship. Even if the Host institution’s decision to accept the student is taken after the selection of the Government of Flanders Master Mind Scholarships 2022 programme, this criterion applies.
• The applicant can be nominated by only one Flemish higher education institution. If the applicant is preselected by more than one Flemish higher education institution, he/she has to choose one Flemish higher education institution to submit his/her application into the Mobility Online tool.
• All nationalities can apply. The previous degree obtained should be from a higher education institution located outside Flanders.
• Students who are already enrolled in a Flemish higher education institution cannot apply.
Number of Awards:
International students from all countries. There are a number of scholarships reserved for students from certain countries: Japan (3), Mexico (3), Palestine (2), USA (5).
How to apply?
Students cannot apply directly. You need to submit your application to the host institution. The host institution preselects the eligible applications; the application needs to be submitted online by the Flemish host institution. The deadline for applications is 29 April 2022 GMT +1. You must check the internal deadlines set by the Flemish Host Institution, which varies and falls between 1 February to 6 April 2022.
It is important to read the How to Apply page and visit the official website (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
To know more about the Government of Flanders Master Mind Scholarships 2022, please check the official website.