If you are interested to study with a fully funded Government of Brunei Darussalam Scholarship, then this is the right place to get authentic information with the step-by-step application process. International students are encouraged to apply for the 2022-2023 academic year.
- Level of Study: Diploma, Undergraduate, Masters
- Universiti Brunei Darussalam (UBD)
- Kolej Universiti Perguruan Ugama Seri Begawan (KUPU SB)
- Universiti Islam Sultan Sharif Ali (UNISSA)
- Universiti Teknologi Brunei (UTB)
- Politeknik Brunei (PB)
- Study in: Brunei Darussalam
- Program Period:
- Diploma: 3 Years
- Undergraduate Degree: 8 Semester (4 Year Full Time)
- Master Degree: 12 Months, 24 Months
- Deadline: February 15, 2022
Programs offered, entry qualifications and any further information are available from the following websites:
- Universiti Brunei Darussalam – www.ubd.edu.bn
- Kolej Universiti Perguruan Ugama Seri Begawan – www.kupu-sb.edu.bn
- Universiti Islam Sultan Sharif Ali – www.unissa.edu.bn
- Universiti Teknologi Brunei – www.utb.edu.bn
- Politeknik Brunei – www.pb.edu.bn
The Government of Brunei Darussalam Scholarship will provide the recipient with the following benefits:
- Exemption from paying tuition fees including acceptance, examination, registration, and orientation fees for the duration of the program;
- An economy class air ticket to Brunei Darussalam from the scholarship recipient’s country of origin/ country of domicile prior to the commencement of the course and an economy class air ticket from Brunei Darussalam to the scholarship recipient’s country of origin/country of domicile upon completion of the course;
- A monthly personal allowance of BND$500.00
- A monthly meals allowance of BND$150.00
- An annual book allowance of BND$600.00
- Accommodation at the residential college of the University/ Polytechnic;
- Baggage allowance for shipment of the scholarship recipient’s personal effects to his country of origin/country of domicile upon completion of the program, at a maximum amount of:
- BND$250.00 to a country within the ASEAN region; or
- BND$500.00 to a country outside the ASEAN region;
Comprehensive insurance covers the whole duration of the Scholarship. The scholarship recipient is urged to obtain additional insurance prior to his travel to Brunei Darussalam and for the whole duration of the Scholarship at his own expense.
To qualify for the Government of Brunei Darussalam Scholarship, you must fulfill the following requirements:
- Required Language: English, Malay, or Arabic
- Eligible Countries: Applications are open to citizens of, but not limited to, ASEAN, Commonwealth, and OIC member countries.
- Applicants must be, between the ages of 18-25 for Undergraduate and Diploma programs and must not exceed the age of 35 for Postgraduate Master’s Degree programs on the 31st July 2022.
- The award is NOT eligible to Brunei Darussalam Permanent Residents.
- This scholarship shall not be held concurrently with any other scholarship, fellowship, grant, or loan without the prior approval of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
- A scholarship recipient is not encouraged to bring any family members with him for the duration of the Scholarship.
- A scholarship recipient is not permitted to undertake any paid employment or to serve on the staff of any country’s representative mission in Brunei Darussalam during the duration of the scholarship.
- Upon completion of the program, the scholarship recipient will be required to leave Brunei Darussalam with immediate effect.
How to Apply
Please follow the following step by step application procedure to apply for the Government of Brunei Darussalam Scholarship:
- Application forms can be downloaded from the following link: APPLICATION FORM 2022/2023
- Application forms must be duly completed and endorsed by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs or the National Focal Point for scholarships of the applicant’s country.
- Applicants are required to submit a security clearance statement from their National Security Agency(ies)/ Police Station (i.e. a statement/ report certifying that applicants are clear from any civil and criminal charges).
- Completed application forms are to be emailed to the following address: [email protected]
- Applicants applying to Universiti Brunei Darussalam must also complete an online application through https://apply.ubd.edu.bn/orbeon/uis-welcome/.
- The closing date for the reception of completed application forms, together with certified copies of relevant certificates and documents is, not later than 1600 hrs (Brunei time) on 15 February 2022.
- An applicant may be required to appear for an interview at such place(s) as may be determined by the institutions offering the programs, and to sit for a written examination to assess the applicant’s proficiency in the English/ Malay/ Arabic Language (where applicable).
- The Government of Brunei Darussalam reserves the right to reject any applications. The decision on the selection of candidates is final. Any disputes or inquiries pertaining to the decision made will not be entertained. Only successful applicants will be notified via e-mail.
- For further inquiries please contact: E-mail: [email protected]
- The maximum size allowed for e-mail and attachment files is 10MB)
- Please take note, all application forms and supporting documents are to be submitted in Word Document / PDF / JPG format (compressed ( .zip ) folder)
- Incomplete application forms will not be considered.
Website of the Government of Brunei Darussalam Scholarship
To know more about the Scholarship, please visit the official website: