If you are interested to study with the Global Minds Doctoral Scholarships Programme in Belgium, then this is the right place to get authentic information with the step-by-step application process. International students are encouraged to apply for the 2022-2023 academic year.
As one of its contributions to development cooperation, every academic year KU Leuven selects exceptional students from developing countries as scholarship candidates to obtain their Ph.D. from the largest university in Belgium. The aim is to give students the opportunity to conduct Ph.D. research in a ‘sandwich’ system, which means that 50% of the research takes place at KU Leuven and 50% at the home institution of the scholar, supported by a local co-promoter. The Ph.D. degree is awarded by KU Leuven.
- Level of Study: Ph.D. Research Degree
- Institution(s): K.U. Leuven and your Home Institution
- Study in: Belgium
- Courses Offered: Development-related topics
- Deadline: 15 Jan 2022 / 29 Apr 2022 (annual)
The Global Minds Doctoral Scholarships Programme covers tuition fees, monthly allowance, insurance, travel costs, research allowance, etc. For the full benefits list, refer to this link.
Citizen of one of the countries included in the scholarship country list:
Africa: Benin, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cameroon, D.R. Congo, Ethiopia, Guinea, Kenya, Madagascar, Morocco, Mozambique, Niger, Rwanda, Senegal, Tanzania, Tunisia, Uganda, Zimbabwe, South Africa
Asia: Cambodia, Indonesia, Nepal, Philippines, Palestinian Territories, Vietnam
Latin America: Bolivia, Cuba, Ecuador, Haiti, Nicaragua, Peru
Eligibility Criteria for Global Minds Doctoral Scholarships Programme
- The applicant must be a citizen of one of the countries included in the scholarship country list.
- Candidates who have citizenship in the EU will not be selected. The same applies to applicants with a long-term EU residence permit.
- The candidate’s latest Master’s degree must have been awarded no more than ten years prior to 1 October 2022 (including the ongoing calendar year).
- The candidate must have been awarded an academic grade equivalent to High Distinction or higher. Degrees obtained with a final score equivalent to second class second/lower division will not be taken into consideration.
- The research project must be of excellent academic quality, with a special focus on the development relevance of the proposal.
READ THE FULL ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA AT THIS LINK.
How to Apply
The application procedure of the Global Minds Doctoral Scholarships Programme entails two steps: (1) first the candidate should obtain admission to a doctoral or predoctoral program preferably 2.5 months before the scholarship deadline. Applications started after 15 January 2022 might not be finalized in time. (2) Only once this admission has been obtained, can the candidate apply for a Global Minds Ph.D. scholarship. The scholarship application deadline is 29 April 2022 at 5:00 PM GMT.
It is important to read the application procedure and visit the official website (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
To know more about the Global Minds Doctoral Scholarships Programme, please visit the official website.