Applicants interested in studying with the Gates Cambridge Scholarships in the UK, then this is the right place to get authentic information with the step-by-step application process.
The Gates Cambridge Scholarship is one of the most prestigious international scholarships in the world. Scholarships are awarded to outstanding applicants from countries outside the UK to pursue a full-time postgraduate degree in any subject available at the University of Cambridge.
- Level of Study: Ph.D., MSc, or MLitt, or a one-year postgraduate course in any subject offered at the University. Courses that are NOT eligible for Gates Cambridge Scholarships:
- • Any Undergraduate degree such as BA (undergraduate) or BA affiliated (a second BA)
- • Business Doctorate (BusD)
- • Master of Business (MBA)
- • Master of Finance (MFin)
- • PGCE
- • MBBChir Clinical Studies
- • MD Doctor of Medicine degree (6 years, part-time)
- • Graduate Course in Medicine (A101)
- • Part-time degrees
- • Non-degree courses
- • MASt courses (from September 2022)
- Institution: Gates Cambridge
- Study in: UK
- Courses Offered: All subjects offered by the institute
- Scholarship Deadline: 12 Oct 2022/1 Dec 2022/5 Jan 2023 (Annual)
A Gates Cambridge Scholarship provides the full cost of studying at Cambridge including tuition fees, maintenance allowance (£18,384 for 12 months at the 2022-23 rate), travel costs, visa, etc. It also provides additional, discretionary funding such as academic development funding, family allowance, fieldwork, etc.
Read about the full scholarship value at this link.
Number of Awards:
About 80 scholarships are awarded each year.
You can apply for a Gates Cambridge Scholarship if you are:
• a citizen of any country outside the United Kingdom.
• applying to pursue one of the following full-time residential courses of study: Ph.D., MSc, or MLitt, or a one-year postgraduate course.
How to apply for Gates Cambridge Scholarships?
Applications for the academic year 2023-24 entry will open on 15 September 2022.
Applicants submit their application for admission and funding (Gates Cambridge and other funding) via the University’s Graduate Application Portal. To be considered for a Gates Cambridge Scholarship you must complete the section to apply for admission to a course and a College place and the Gates Cambridge part of the funding section.
There are two Gates Cambridge application deadlines: 12 October 2022 (for US citizens resident in the USA) and either 1 December 2022 or 5 January 2023 depending on the course (for all other eligible applicants).
It is important to read the How to Apply section and visit the official website (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
To know more about the Gates Cambridge Scholarships, please visit the official website.