If you are interested to study with the fully funded Yale University Scholarships in the USA, then this is the right place to get authentic information with the step-by-step application process. It is time to apply for Yale University’s Yale Young Global Scholarships (YYGS), Young Leaders (YL), and Yale Young African Scholars (YYAS) Alumni Scholarship Program for the class of 2023-2024. Online applications for the YYGS program are open to all international high school students from 150 different countries for the coming session of 2023.
- Level of Study: Summer & Winter Schools
- Institution: Yale University
- Study in: USA
- Courses Offered: All subjects offered by the university
- Scholarship Deadline: 2 November 2022 (Early Action)/ 10 January 2023 (Regular decision)
The Winners of this globally recognized Yale University Scholarships will be entitled to the following valuable benefits:
- YYGS need-based financial aid is provided to both domestic and international students. For YYGS Online students, program tuition for one, 2-week session is $3,500 USD and For YYGS Residential students, program tuition for one, 2-week session is $6,500 USD. It Covers 100% full-tuition fees, Funds for Meals, Study Materials Expenses, and Free Housing Facilities.
- There are also the Young Leaders (YL) Scholarships dedicated to students who meet these criteria. YL Scholarships will be awarded to selected students in the U.S. and internationally who self-identify as at least ONE of the following:
- Black or African American (including Africa and the Caribbean)
- Hispanic and/or Latino/Latina/Latinx
- Members of Indigenous peoples, nations, and/or communities
The scholarship covers full tuition costs and related travel expenses for students to attend any of the YYGS sessions offered in 2023.
- You can also apply for Yale Young African Scholars (YYAS) Alumni Scholarship. which covers full tuition costs and related travel expenses. This is dedicated to students who completed a YYAS program in the previous years.
The curriculum of the Program
The curriculum ties together all YYGS sessions and is the foundation of the academic program. Students work with different groups of peers and learning contexts, which allows for a wide range of peer-to-peer interactions. These learning contexts include:
- Lectures: Hear from accomplished Yale faculty and leading practitioners about the most important and relevant topics in their fields.
- Breakout Sessions: Dig deeper into lecture content by sharing knowledge, posing questions, and brainstorming real-world implications with a small group of peers.
- Seminars: Pursue your passion or find a new one through the 1000+ unique and exciting seminars offered each summer.
- Capstone Project: Gain exposure to a particular area of interest through a session-long collaborative research project under the mentorship of YYGS instructional staff.
- Family Time: Develop strong bonds with peers from around the world through identity reflection, courageous conversations, active listening, and fun social activities.
- Simulation: Address real-world issues by participating in an open-ended, collaborative, problem-solving activity with like-minded peers.
- Impact Panel: Learn from inspiring changemakers about innovative approaches to meaningful social impact work throughout the world.
Other benefits of Yale University Scholarships
- Successful applicants will enjoy a small, intimate educational experience with an 8:1 student-to-instructor ratio.
- You will get a taste of university life, including residential dormitories, meals, labs, and lectures with Yale faculty.
- At the end of the program, you will be able to have a resume boost for your university applications, since participation at YYGS is recognized by admissions officers at colleges and universities.
Interested individuals who want to apply for the Yale Young Scholars program must check the eligibility requirements before applying:
- The age of applicant must be 16 years old.
- The interested applicant must be a high school junior.
- The applicant must have the potential to participate in an academic program conducted in the English language.
- Only the applicants who are first time applying for the YYGS are eligible.
- Students who have participated in summer 2022 cannot apply for the YYGS 2023 program.
- Applicants from all nationalities are welcome to apply.
How to Apply for Yale University Scholarships?
If you have plans to apply for the Yale Young Global Scholars Program, then check the application procedure below:
First, check the eligibility criteria, then visit the official application portal of YYGS. Click on apply now and start your application process. Also, write your correct email and password to check your application status.
Submit the application with all the required documents and application fees. Once it is done, wait for the final announcements.
Application fee: Early Decision 60$, Regular Decision 75$
Domestic and International applicants can submit $60 for an Early Decision and US$75 for Regular Decision. However, it is significant to know that the application fees are non-refundable. But, applicants can apply for the application fee waiver.
Required Documents for YYGS Program:
Following are the documents that need to get attached to the YYGS application:
- An Essay of 400 words with 200 words for Response
- Fast Take Responses (2)
- Official Transcripts of School
- Online Recommendation Form
- Application Fee
- English language Test Scores of TOEFL & Duolingo (optional)
Website of Yale University Scholarships
To know about the scholarships, please visit the official website below.