If you are interested to study with the Fully Funded IMU Breakout Graduate Fellowship Program 2022, then this is the right place to get authentic information with the step-by-step application process. International students are encouraged to apply for Ph.D. scholarships in the 2022-2023 academic year. International Mathematical Union Scholarship value is up to a maximum of USD 10,000 per year and covers tuition fee, accommodation, travel expenses, and living expenses.
Professional mathematicians are invited to nominate highly motivated and mathematically talented students from developing countries who plan to complete a doctoral degree in a developing country, including their own home country. Nominees must have a consistently good academic record and must be seriously interested in pursuing a career in research and teaching in mathematics.
- Level of Study: PhD
- Institution(s): International Mathematical Union
- Study in: Any country
- Opportunity Focus Areas: Mathematics
- Program Period: 4 years
- Deadline: 31 May 2022
Fully Funded IMU Breakout Graduate Fellowship Program value is up to a maximum of USD 10,000 per year can be covered by the grant:
- Full tuition fee
- Accommodation expenses
- Travel expenses to the host institution (if different from the home country)
- Basic living expenses that will depend on the cost of the living of the country in which the student will study his/ her doctoral program
To qualify for the Fully Funded IMU Breakout Graduate Fellowship Program, the candidate must fulfill all of the following requirements below:
- Required Language: English.
- Eligible Countries: All world countries
- Students cannot apply themselves for the fellowship.
- Professional mathematicians (including those who have superannuated, but continue to mentor young students). It is preferable that the nominator has been mentoring the nominee.
- The student must be a resident and a citizen of a developing country.
- The student must either be pre-accepted to join a doctoral program in the first academic year after the time of selection in a university or research institution which is based in a developing country or already be enrolled in a doctoral program in a university or research institution which is based on a developing country.
- There is no age limit for the student.
- Nomination for women students is strongly encouraged.
- The fellowship will be sanctioned for one year at a time and is renewable annually, based on satisfactory progress of the awardee, and will cease to be awarded when the awardee completes the doctoral program or at the end of four years, whichever is earlier.
How to Apply for Fully Funded IMU Breakout Graduate Fellowship Program?
Please follow the following application instructions to apply for IMU Breakout Graduate Fellowship Program:
(1) Register on the International Mathematical Union Platform from here.
(2) Fill in the Online Application Form from here.
Prepare the materials required for the selection process: (Only files in PDF format can be uploaded.)
- Statement from nominator
- Scanned copy of student (nominee) passport.
- Official letter of pre-acceptance in the Ph.D. Program.
- Budget of total expenses requested.
- Ph.D. Supervisor CV.
- Research Project.
- Two letters of recommendation which both cannot come from the nominator.
- Transcripts of coursework (certified copies (e.g. stamped by the university)) of the student:
A) BSc degree or equivalent.
B) MSc degree or equivalent.
- Nominee CV.
- Nominee letter of motivation, research project, and future plans of the student.
- Nominator declaration.
- Ph.D. Supervisor declaration.
- Nominee (student) declaration.
To know more about the Fully Funded IMU Breakout Graduate Fellowship Program, please visit the official website: