If you are interested to study with the Fully Funded DAAD Scholarships 2023/2024 for Development-Related Postgraduate Courses in Germany, then this is the right place to get authentic information with the step-by-step application process. International students are encouraged to apply for Masters and Ph.D. scholarships in the 2023-2024 academic year.
The German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) scholarships offer foreign graduates from development and newly industrialized countries from all disciplines and with at least two years of professional experience the chance to take a postgraduate or Master’s degree at a state or state-recognized German university, and in exceptional cases to take a doctoral degree and to obtain a university qualification (Master’s/PhD) in Germany.
- Level of Study: Masters, PhD
- Institution(s): German Universities offering development-related postgraduate courses
- Study in: Germany
- Opportunity Focus Areas: Economic Sciences/Business Administration/Political Economics; Development Cooperation; Engineering and Related Sciences; Mathematics; Regional and Urban Planning; Agricultural and Forest Sciences; Natural and Environmental Sciences; Medicine and Public Health; Social Sciences, Education and Law; and Media Studies. See the complete list of eligible development-related postgraduate courses for 2023/2024.
- Program Period: 12 to 24 months (depending on the particular institution) for Masters and 42 months for Ph.D.
- Deadline: Aug-Oct 2022 (Annual)
Students from eligible countries can apply for this scholarship.
The scholarships include monthly payments of 861 euros for graduates or 1,200 euros for doctoral candidates; payments towards health, accident, and personal liability insurance cover; and travel allowance unless these expenses are covered by the home country or another source of funding.
The scholarship duration is 12 to 24 months (depending on the particular institution) for Masters and 42 months for Ph.D.
Eligibility Criteria of Fully Funded DAAD Scholarships 2023/2024
The typical scholarship holder:
• Is currently working either for a public authority or a state or private company in a developing country and, as such, is engaged in the planning and execution of directives and projects with an emphasis on development policies having a bearing on technological, economic, or social areas
• Holds a Bachelor’s degree (normally four years) in a related subject.
• Has completed an academic degree with far above average results (upper third) and at least two years of related professional experience after the first degree (bachelor) at the time of application
• His/her academic degrees should normally not be more than six years old to apply for the DAAD Scholarships for Development-Related Postgraduate Courses.
• For study courses in German (Fully Funded DAAD Scholarships 2023/2024 includes a 6-month German language course): Successful passing of the language examination DSH 2 or TestDaF 4 before the start of the study course. Therefore a minimum German language level of B1 at the time of application is a requirement, that needs to be proofed by providing a certificate.
• For courses in English: IELTS (Band 6) certificate or TOEFL (minimum score: 550 paper-based, 213 computer-based, 80 internet-based)
How to Apply
Applications for Fully Funded DAAD Scholarships 2023/2024 must be made directly to the respective course. Please refer to the respective course websites for the application procedure, the application deadline, and the documents to be submitted. Deadline varies depending on the course but falls around August-October 2022.
To know more about the Fully Funded DAAD Scholarships 2023/2024, please check the following link,