If you are interested in studying with the Executive Research International Fellowships 2023 for Careers in Service Providing Research Infrastructures in Germany, UK, France, Italy, and Spain, then this is the right place to get authentic information. International fellowships are encouraged to apply for the scholarship.
The European Molecular Biology Laboratory (EMBL) is a prominent institution at the forefront of molecular biology research. With a collaborative approach spanning 27 member states and research sites across Europe, EMBL offers cutting-edge facilities and technologies to scientists worldwide. Its interdisciplinary environment fosters breakthroughs in genetics, genomics, and structural biology.
The Executive Research International Fellowships represent a distinctive and prestigious opportunity for accomplished professionals seeking to advance their careers through rigorous research endeavors. These fellowships are designed to support individuals from various industries in conducting high-impact research projects that contribute to their respective fields and industries.
The fellowships provide recipients with financial support, allowing them to take time away from their professional responsibilities to delve deeply into their research inquiries. These inquiries often address critical challenges, trends, and innovations that hold the potential to shape the future of their industries.
Through the Executive Research International Fellowships, recipients gain access to extensive resources, including cutting-edge research facilities, expert mentors, and global networks. This facilitates in-depth exploration and collaboration with peers and scholars from diverse backgrounds, fostering cross-disciplinary insights and impactful outcomes.
Applicants for these fellowships usually undergo a competitive selection process, where their professional accomplishments, proposed research projects, and potential for contributing to their industries are evaluated. Successful candidates join a community of accomplished professionals, researchers, and thought leaders, collectively striving to drive innovation and positive change in their respective domains.
In summary, the Executive Research International Fellowships cater to seasoned professionals eager to explore and influence the trajectory of their industries through dedicated research. By offering financial support, resources, and a collaborative platform, these fellowships empower recipients to harness their expertise and drive transformative advancements that shape the future of their fields.
- Level of Study: Research Fellowship
- Institution(s): EMBL
- Study in: Germany, UK, France, Italy, Spain
- Courses Offered: Any subject offered by the institute
- Deadline: 30 September 2023
The salary that the fellows will get is set by the EMBL council and is reviewed once a year based on the inflation rates.
Starting from 1 January 2022, the following fellowship rates/salaries for EMBL Fellows are valid.
|EMBL Fellowship rates with
The effect from 1 January 2022
|Monthly stipend (first year)||3.519,77 €||3.178,91 €||2.883,07 €||£2.869,24||2.818,27 €|
|Monthly stipend (second year)||3.871,74 €||3.496,79 €||3.171,38 €||£3.156,16||3.100,10 €|
|Monthly stipend (third year)||3.929,82 €||3.549,24 €||3.218,94 €||£3.203,50||3.146,60 €|
From these rates, only employee contribution to social insurance gets deducted, in total 11,97%.
In addition, Fellows in unions and with dependent children receive family and child allowances.
Total living allowances for ARISE fellows, including salaries, employer and employee contribution to social security, and taxes, come up to 4666 Euro/month, averaged for all EMBL sites and years of the fellowship.
You will get trained for jobs in research infrastructures (core facilities, data services, synchrotrons, etc.) and attend over 60 courses on how to provide and plan services, manage the operation of diverse infrastructure, manage staff and finances, handle innovation and collaboration with industry, do strategic planning, and understand science policy and funding system.
You will also be able to network with a diverse group of professionals working at EMBL and in ARISE partner organizations.
Eligibility Criteria for Executive Research International Fellowships
To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- At least four years of full-time equivalent research or development experience (including first experience in technology development), after the university degree.
- University degree in natural sciences or related STEM disciplines (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics) at the level that theoretically entitles to enroll in a PhD
- A high level of skills (postdoctoral standard) or expertise in a specialization in which doctoral degrees are not usually awarded. Experience can be both in academic or non-academic sectors, but must be relevant to the research fields of our groups and teams that are participating in the program.
- Strong research potential that can be shown through eg., scientific publications, (scientific) software, unique or problematic data sets, technical documentation or similar, contributions to patents, examples of management of technology development projects, or detailed description of any other innovative research you have performed and your achievements or through other ways to demonstrate experience relevant to technology-development and scientific services.
- Capacity to work independently and think creatively
- Fluency in English (written and oral)
- Ability to work collaboratively, and communicate and work with a diverse group of individuals across the organization
- Good time-management and organization skills.
Eligible Countries: All nationalities can apply for the scholarship.
How to Apply for Executive Research International Fellowships
Please visit the official website below for further information about the Executive Research International Fellowships.