Applicants interested in studying with the EMIS IB High School Diploma Program 2023 in Israel, then this is the right place to get authentic information with the step-by-step application process.
EMIS is an international high school in Israel for students from all over the world who live and study together. Their student body comprises students from the Eastern Mediterranean and the Middle Eastern regions, along with students from around the globe. Their academic curriculum follows the International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme.
- Level of Study: IB High School Diploma Program
- Institution: Eastern Mediterranean International School (EMIS)
- Study in: Israel
- Courses Offered: All subjects offered by the university
- Scholarship Deadline: 1 May 2023
For more details, visit the official website.
- Students may choose or combine two available tracks: the one-year Pre-DB and the two-year International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme (10th-12th grade).
- Students come from different backgrounds: 20% are from Israel, 20% are from Palestine and Arab countries, and 60% are from 50+ other countries around the world.
- Applications are accepted on a rolling basis. Admission is based on merit. Partial scholarships are available and granted on a sliding scale. They are entirely based on financial need and can go up to 75%.
Eligibility Criteria for EMIS IB High School Diploma Program
Applicants interested in starting September 2023 should be:
- Born in years 2006 or 2007, currently in 10th or 11th grade for IB program, or 2008, 9th grade for Pre-IB program, upon application. Must be 15, 16, or 17 years old during 2023.
- Very good students able to be independent learners and thinkers and study the high-level English academic material associated with the International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma (ibo.org)
- Well-versed in written and spoken English
- Significantly involved in community and leadership activities
- Curious and excited about learning in a different environment; open to new experiences, cultures, and people, able to practice tolerance through living and sharing with peers from different cultures and socioeconomic backgrounds.
Please note that you will need to provide the following documents in order to complete the registration:
- A legible photocopy of your passport (or any other ID card)
- A legible photocopy of both parents’ passports (or any other ID card)
- 2 recommendation letters by 2 academic teachers (They should have known the applicant for more than a year). (you will provide only their contact information – they will contact them directly).
- A report card or transcript from the previous academic year
- A current mid-year report card or transcript by February 2022 (if not in English, an English translation must be provided – you can translate).
1 school evaluation form to be completed by your school counselor, principal, or vice-principal (you will provide only their contact information – they will contact them directly).
- Your vaccination report
- A health form signed by your doctor
- Parents form – a general background questionnaire
- Parents’ declaration – signed by both parents or guardians
- A (non-refundable) registration fee of $50 (175NIS) paid by PayPal or bank transfer.
How to Apply for EMIS IB High School Diploma Program?
Everything you need to apply is online on their website, https://em-is.org/admissions/, and their application portal, https://emis.openapply.com.
The application process:
- Step 1: Complete the registration form. Answer the questions, choose the level of scholarship required, and submit supporting documents (see document details in the Apply Now link).
- Step 2: Online interview. You will receive an invitation to an online interview with their admissions team.
- Step 3: Additional online interview with the school counselor – for applicants who passed the first interview.
- Step 4: Application and scholarship review by the admissions committee. The final decision will be communicated via email.