If you want to study with the Eira Francis Davies Scholarship 2023 at Swansea University in the UK, Then this is the right place to get authentic information with the step-by-step application process. International students are encouraged to apply for this scholarship.
The Eira Francis Davies Scholarship is a full tuition fee scholarship ordinarily awarded to one outstanding female student per academic year. The student must be a national of and resident in an eligible developing country, who pursues a postgraduate taught Master’s program within the Faculty of Medicine, Health and Life Science at Swansea University.
The Eira Francis Davies Scholarship is a prestigious scholarship that supports female students from developing countries who wish to pursue postgraduate studies at Swansea University in Wales, United Kingdom. The scholarship was established in memory of Eira Francis Davies, who was a Welsh academic and pioneer in the field of Social Administration.
The scholarship is awarded annually to female students who demonstrate academic excellence and financial need. The scholarship covers the full cost of tuition fees while studying in the UK.
One of the unique features of the Eira Francis Davies Scholarship is its focus on promoting gender equality and empowering women from developing countries to become leaders in their fields of study. The scholarship is open to female students from any country in the world, with preference given to students from low-income and lower-middle-income countries in Africa, Asia, and the Middle East.
To be eligible for the scholarship, candidates must have already been offered a place to study a full-time postgraduate course at Swansea University. Candidates must also provide evidence of financial need and a commitment to using their education to benefit their home country upon graduation.
The application process for the Eira Francis Davies Scholarship is highly competitive and rigorous. Candidates must submit a detailed application form, along with a personal statement, academic transcripts, and references. Shortlisted candidates are then invited to participate in an interview with the scholarship selection committee.
Winning the Eira Francis Davies Scholarship is a life-changing opportunity for female students from developing countries. The scholarship provides access to world-class education and training, as well as exposure to new cultures and perspectives. It also helps to promote gender equality and social justice by empowering women to become leaders and change-makers in their communities.
In conclusion, the Eira Francis Davies Scholarship is a prestigious and highly competitive scholarship that supports female students from developing countries to pursue undergraduate or postgraduate studies at Swansea University in Wales. The scholarship is focused on promoting gender equality and empowering women to become leaders in their fields of study. Winning the scholarship is a life-changing opportunity that provides access to world-class education and training, as well as exposure to new cultures and perspectives.
- Level of Study: Master’s degree
- Institution(s): Swansea University
- Study in: UK
- Courses Offered: All subjects offered by the University
- Deadline: 28 May 2023 (Annual)
Field of study
Full-time taught master’s postgraduate courses within the Faculty of Medicine, Health, and Life Science at Swansea University:
• Biomedical Science (Clinical Biochemistry), MSc
• Biomedical Science (Clinical Microbiology), MSc
• Clinical Psychology and Mental Health, MSc
• Medical Radiation Physics, MSc
• Public Health and Health Promotion, MSc
The scholarship covers the full tuition.
Eligibility Criteria for Eira Francis Davies Scholarship
• hold a minimum 2:1 Bachelor’s degree or equivalent qualification.
• have formally accepted an offer to study an eligible, full-time, postgraduate taught Master’s program within the College of Human and Health Sciences at Swansea University for entry in September 2023 (see list above).
• be female.
• be a new student at Swansea University from September 2023.
• within their application, demonstrate strong academic ability, financial requirement, and desire to study their chosen course at Swansea University.
• be a national, and permanent resident of EFD Eligible Countries 2023 as listed by the World Bank Country and Lending Groups classification as being ‘low income’ or ‘lower-middle income’ as of 1 July 2021.
• not receive any other financial support from Swansea University (e.g. tuition fee reduction, scholarship, or bursary).
• not be a progressing student from The College, Swansea University.
How to Apply for Eira Francis Davies Scholarship
To be considered for the scholarship, you must have formally accepted an offer to study an eligible program for September 2023 entry. You must complete and submit the application form online before 28 May 2023, 11:59 pm (BST).
It is important to visit the official website (link found below) to access the application form and for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
For further information about the Eira Francis Davies Scholarship 2023, please visit the official website below.