If you are interested to study with the EAA Flight Training Scholarships 2022 in the USA and Canada, then this is the right place to get authentic information with the step-by-step application process. International students are encouraged to apply in the 2022-2023 academic year.
The Scholarships are fully funded scholarships for flight training in USA or Canada. EAA will send the money directly to the flight school after each benchmark.
Dreaming of becoming a pilot or getting an additional rating? EAA can help your aviation dreams become a reality. EAA Flight Training Scholarships are open to those who are interested in pursuing flight or a career in aviation or aviation-related/STEM fields. This scholarship will cover International Student Fees (ISF) for the duration of the award.
EAA strives to provide scholarships that have a minimum award of $5,000. Awards are made up of the following funds:
- Air Academy Alumni Scholarship
- John S. Bradbury Memorial Scholarship
- Wilson “Tex” Edwards Memorial Scholarship
- Noah Favaregh Scholarship
- Florence “Coffy” Gregory Scholarship
- Richard R. Harper Memorial Scholarship
- Jason Kurt Lohr Aviation Scholarship
- Heather McRoberts Memorial Scholarship*
- Tinker Murdock Family Scholarship
- Matthew Platt Scholarship
- Elgin Wells Jr. Starjammer CFI Scholarship
- United Airlines Flight Operations Pilot Scholarship
EAA’s scholarships are supported by dozens of donors, benefactors, and others who “pass it forward” by endowing these programs. It encourages individuals who are well-rounded, involved in their school or community, and interested in the world of aviation to apply for an EAA scholarship.
- Visit the EAA scholarships page for the current open scholarships cycles.
- Level of Study: Training
- Institution(s): Experimental Aircraft Association (EAA)
- Study in: USA / Canada
- Opportunity Focus Areas: Aviation (Flight Training)
- Program Period: Depends on the chosen flight training program
- Deadline: 1 June 2022 / 1 November 2022
EAA Flight Training Scholarships will provide the recipient with the following benefits:
- EAA strives to provide scholarships that have a minimum award of $5,000.
- EAA will send the money directly to the flight school. The first installment will be 40% of the total amount awarded. After certain benchmarks, the next 40% will be dispersed. At the final benchmark, the remaining 20% will be awarded.
To qualify for EAA Flight Training Scholarships, the candidate must fulfill all of the following requirements below:
- Required Language: English.
- Eligible Countries: All world countries.
- Flight training scholarships may be used at any flight school in the United States that is not a university program
- All scholarship awards must be used at a flight training school within the U.S.
- Flight training scholarships must be used within one year from the date of award, so you must be eligible for the flight training process.
- There are no age requirements.
- All applications are reviewed against the criteria for the individual grants and then awarded to those who show the greatest potential to be actively engaged in aviation.
How to Apply for EAA Flight Training Scholarships?
Please follow the following application instructions to apply for the scholarships:
- Sign up and create your EAA profile.
- Fill in the application form
- Answer the following essay questions in 150-250 words per essay:
- Why are you the best candidate to receive this award?
- In the next year, what do you hope to gain from receiving this award?
- How will this opportunity help you to reach your long-term goals? Where do you see yourself 10 years from now?
- State any special person or family circumstance affecting your need for financial assistance (if applicable).
- When filling out an application, the more “yes” responses to asked questions (ie, EAA member, chapter member, volunteer jobs, etc.) will make your application stand out.
- In addition, each essay should answer all parts of the question (and contain great content), flow well, and have correct grammar and spelling.
- All winners and non-winners will be notified by email approximately one month after a scholarship cycle closes.
- If you win a scholarship, you will be sent an email with documents for completion. Once EAA has received these, the disbursement process will begin.
- Questions should be directed to [email protected].
To know more about EAA Flight Training Scholarships, please visit the official website: