- Level of Study: Ph.D. degree
- Institution(s): CORAF (West and Central African Council for Agricultural Research and Development)
- Study in: West Africa
- Courses Offered: All Subjects offered by the University
- Deadline: 17 May 2023
The fellowship program will cover a stipend including registration and bench fees; a monthly living allowance; field expenses including travel, surveys, or labor related to the research activities, acquisition of small research equipment and consumables; international travel expenses (conference attendance, scientific visits); and supervision expenses.
Number of Awards: 8 scholarships are available for this program.
Eligibility Criteria for CORAF PhD Scholarships
Eligible Countries: Students must be citizens of one of the following CORAF member countries.
Acceptable Course or Subjects: The scholarship will be awarded in three mutually reinforcing thematic areas:
- (1) Digital advisory services for the prevention and management of agricultural and food crises; (2) Sustainability and resilience of the food system’s productive base (sustainable land and watershed management, agro-ecological approaches); and (3) Market integration and trade (regional staple food value chain development).
Admissible Criteria: To be eligible for this program, applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Be a national of one of the CORAF member countries
- Be no more than 40 years old
- Have a Master’s degree in research related to the chosen field and theme;
- Have already identified a thesis supervisor
- Have a demonstrated capacity for applied research, a willingness to learn and think across disciplines and professions
- Have a demonstrated interest in agricultural research for development.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to work in a multicultural environment.
How to Apply for CORAF PhD Scholarships
To apply for this program, interested students can submit a scholarship application here. All eligible applicants shall be considered.
Supporting Documents: The students are required to present the following documents:
- A letter of motivation demonstrating the applicant’s suitability and motivation and specifying his/her availability;
- A curriculum vitae (Maximum 5 pages)
- Academic Records
- Diplomas and transcripts (Master’s and Bachelor’s degrees)
- Proof of English language requirements
- Two letters of recommendation from supervisors with their addresses
- A letter of commitment from each identified supervisor (university and research center)
Admission Requirements: Applicants must meet the eligibility criteria mentioned above.
Language Requirement: To be eligible, the applicants must meet the given criteria:
- Ability to speak and write French or English fluently
- A good working knowledge of the other language would be an asset.
For more details about the CORAF PhD Scholarships 2023, please visit the official website below.