Applicants interested in studying with British Council GREAT Scholarships 2023 in the UK, then this is the right place to get authentic information with the step-by-step application process.
British Council’s GREAT Scholarships offer students from 14 countries the opportunity to have £10,000 towards their tuition fees for a wide range of one-year taught postgraduate courses. In the 2023-24 academic year, 200 scholarships are offered by 49 universities across England, Wales, Scotland, and Northern Ireland.
- Level of Study: Master’s degree
- Institution: British Council
- Study in: UK
- Courses Offered: All subjects offered by the University
- Scholarship Deadline: Varies (according to university admission deadlines)
British Council GREAT Scholarships will provide the recipient with the following benefits:
- Each scholarship is worth a minimum of £10,000 towards tuition fees for a one-year postgraduate course.
Institutes under Great Scholarship:
- Bangor University
- Edinburgh Napier University
- Goldsmiths, University of London
- Robert Gordon University
- University of Bristol
- University of Derby
- University of Oxford
- University of Wolverhampton
- University of York
- Bournemouth University
- University of East Anglia
- University College London
Eligibility Criteria for British Council GREAT Scholarships
To qualify for Great Scholarships, the candidate must fulfill all of the following requirements below:
- Required Language(s): English
- Eligible Countries: Bangladesh, China, Egypt, Ghana, India, Indonesia, Kenya, Malaysia, Mexico, Nepal, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Thailand
- Have an undergraduate degree, be motivated, and have an interest in the proposed subject area
- Meet the English language requirement of the UK HEI
- Establish an engagement with the UK as a scholar, through personal and academic fulfillment
- Be willing to attend a networking event of all UK-based GREAT scholars, to discuss experiences and capture perceptions of studying in the UK
- Be willing to maintain contact with the British Council and their HEI and act as an ambassador for the GREAT Scholarships
- As an alumnus of the GREAT Scholarships, be willing occasionally to speak to potential candidates about his or her own experience of studying in the UK
How to Apply for British Council GREAT Scholarships?
Please follow the following application instructions to apply for Great Scholarships:
- Visit the university page above to find out more information and then follow the link to the university’s website.
- Apply for individual scholarships following the instructions given on each universities’ scholarship web pages.
- The deadline to apply for a GREAT Scholarship varies according to each institution. For details on individual institutions’ deadlines, please see the institution page.
- Successful scholars will be informed by individual universities on the result of their applications.
- Scholarship funding will be issued to successful scholars by individual universities after registration.
To know more about British Council GREAT Scholarships, please visit the official website.