If you are interested to study with the Barcelona Graduate School of Economics Scholarship in Spain, then this is the right place to get authentic information with the step-by-step application process. International students are encouraged to apply in the 2022-2023 academic year.
This scholarship provides the recipient with waivers covering up to 100% of tuition. The Barcelona GSE offers financial aid based on academic merit. Waivers for 100%, 75%, 50%, and 25% of tuition fees with a limited number of fully-funded scholarships. Financial aid will only be awarded to candidates who have an outstanding academic record. Each year, we award an average of 800,000€ in merit-based funding to Master’s students. Around 36% of matriculated students have received full or partial funding for their studies.
- Level of Study: Masters
- Institution(s): Barcelona Graduate School of Economics
- Study in: Barcelona, Spain
- Deadline: 15 January 2022 / 9 July 2022
- Master’s Degree in Economics and Finance
- Economics Program
- Finance Program
- Master’s Degree in Specialized Economic Analysis
- Competition and Market Regulation Program
- Economics of Public Policy Program
- International Trade, Finance, and Development Program
- Macroeconomic Policy and Financial Markets Program
- Master’s Degree in Data Science
- Data Science Program
Barcelona Graduate School of Economics Scholarships provide the recipient with the following benefits:
- Waivers for 100%, 75%, 50% and 25% of tuition fees
- Teaching Assistantships
- A limited number of fully-funded scholarships
To qualify for the Barcelona Graduate School of Economics Scholarship, the candidate must fulfill all of the following requirements below:
- Required Languages: English
- Eligible Countries: International students from developing countries
- An undergraduate/bachelor/Grado/laurea, or equivalent degree from an accredited college or university (for Bologna degrees, a minimum of 180 ECTS are required).
- A typical applicant would hold a University Diploma in Economics, Finance, Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics or Business Administration.
- An advanced level of English language skills: TOEFL score of 90 or better / IELTS Academic Test score of 6.5 or better
- Not required but highly recommended:
- GRE General Test
- Note that the fulfillment of the application requirements does not guarantee admission. Candidates will also be evaluated on the following admission criteria:
- Outstanding academic record
- Quantitative skills
- Reference letters
How to Apply for the Barcelona Graduate School of Economics Scholarship?
Please follow the following application instructions to apply for this scholarship:
(1) Gather your application materials:
- Undergraduate transcripts: If you don’t have an official transcript yet when applying, you may upload an unofficial copy. However, all accepted students must submit official transcripts during course registration in September, before the academic year begins.
- Undergraduate diploma: If you are applying before having completed your undergraduate program, you will need to to upload a signed letter stating that you commit to graduating before you begin your master’s program at the Barcelona GSE
- Copy of your passport
- Curriculum vitae (2 pages maximum)
- Statement of purpose (700 words maximum)
- Proof of English language proficiency: Unless you are a native English speaker or have done your undergraduate degree at an English-speaking university, you must provide TOEFL, IELTS, or Cambridge scores or certificates. If you are not yet in possession of one of these language certificates, we suggest you wait to apply until you can fulfill this requirement with the documents required.
- Optional but highly recommended: GRE General Test scores: Applicants to all programs are encouraged to provide the scores of the GRE General Test, which are often an important element for admission decisions.
A good GRE result is particularly helpful to candidates who have a bachelor’s in social sciences or other undergraduate degrees without a strong quantitative component. In previous years, the GRE score has helped directors to identify candidates with excellent potential but little previous exposure to serious mathematical training. Hence we strongly encourage candidates to submit a GRE. (Barcelona GSE institution code for GRE General Test: 2531).
- Two reference letters include:
– Intellectual ability
– Research abilities/experience
– Motivation to face challenges
– Capacity to work in groups
– Propensity to thrive in a new environment
(2) Complete the online application form: All programs share one online application form. When you create your application, you will have the option to list up to three programs, in order of your preference.
(3) You may submit only one application, with up to three program choices, per academic year.
(4) There is an application fee of 60€ (non-refundable). Most major credit card and bank transfer options are available.
(5) You will receive your admission decision and any financial aid offer within 4-6 weeks (if seats are still available in your program)
You can also check Fully Funded DAAD Scholarship 2022 in Germany
To know more about the Barcelona Graduate School of Economics Scholarship, please visit the official website: